Playing With Designs

>> Monday, June 14, 2010



My design wall is full of fun again this week. You can see I now have 5 liberated baskets done for the June Block Lotto. Between them, that colourful grouping of fabric is ready to make another one. I can submit up to 9 to have 9 chances at winning some of the blocks. I should be able to get 4 more done.

The stocking is cut from foundation. I'm planning to do some string blocks to make a stocking for one of my brother's daughters. I'd like to get it done this month so it can count for Stephanie's No Strings Attached challenge that ends June 30. Then I'll only have 2 more stockings to make as well.




I'm thrilled about the bird! I didn't get much time to sew yesterday, and was feeling quite under the weather, which always seems to bring to mind good quilting ideas?!? This block I made last year and even made a scrap nest {and a tutorial} to put on this branch. I was thinking again about this bird material from the Nest line and thought maybe the bird would fit. My first broderie perse. Now I can see how this quilt can/will evolve and I'm very excited! Of course, I have lots of quilts stewing right now as I finish up some projects.



I have scavenged enough strips to finish last week's string block. I'm doing one for each week of the year. I'm really happy with my progress so far - this is the first week I've fallen behind and it's mostly because I was working on finishing things and not cutting into new fabrics. This quilt already makes me happy:)

Check out the design walls of the quilters sharing over at Judy's blog. She has a quilt a long coming up at the end of the month, too!

With Joy,
Sarah Vee

4 comments:

Charlene S June 14, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

All your projects make me want to copy your techniques. You are an inspiration.

Quilter Kathy June 14, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

The baskets blocks are so adorable. I am still staying strong in my resolve not to start another project with these baskets!!

Melinda June 14, 2010 at 5:49 PM  

Love the basket blocks and what a wonderful idea to make a string block each week. It will be fun to see the quilt top you end up with.

Vicki H. June 15, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

You have some treats posted on your design wall. I like the string block a week idea too. I should dig out my scraps and foundation fabrics.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP