Fun Quilting Projects

>> Saturday, June 12, 2010




First June string block. I need to finish last week's still.




The last Mystery Basket block. It's 18 1/2 inches square unfinished. I'm getting anxious to see the setting plan and how well my blocks fit together.



A fun experiment. I used a liberated method of drawing the churn dash with my rotary cutter. Then I used the background as foundation to string piece the shapes. I'm thinking about trying some more traditional blocks this way to make a liberated sampler quilt - using my fabric I won from Vicki as sashing.

Hope you're having fun with your quilting projects!

With Joy,
Sarah Vee

P.S. Congrats to CARMEL who won the selvages and coaster!

3 comments:

sophie June 12, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

I LOVE the churn dash block. I think I might have to make some of those.

Vicki W June 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM  

That liberated churn dash block is fabulous!

Abby and Stephanie June 12, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

Great string blocks but I really like your liberated churn dash.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP