A Winner and Some More Cake

>> Tuesday, January 4, 2011




First things first!

The winner of the year Subscription to The Quilt Pattern Magazine is
Bec Clarke who commented:

"OH I am so excited, I love the idea that I can submit something to a new magazine. I like that there is instructions to make the photo submission easier, not many places have that. "

Congrats to Bec!



There is still time to get your yearly subcription to this new online magazine at a reallly great price. Click here to go to the subscription information page.




Now let's look at some Cake!


This week's block requires 4 fabrics. It was a little tricky to select fabrics because so many of my remaining fabrics are directional prints.



I matched up my fabrics with a printout of the colour value in black and white. I really liked the yellow beside the orange/coral, but the yellow 'reads' a much lighter value beside the white.



I really like the visual effects that can happen in this block. I had problems with my bottom left unit not being square. I think when I do my second block I will press the seams open.




My second blocks pieces are all cut and ready.
Check out the Layer Cake Quilt Along flickr pool to see some more blocks.


With Joy,
Sarah Vee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP