Cake Talk - Never too Busy for Cake!!

>> Tuesday, December 14, 2010



It's still Tuesday, right?

Here are my first three blocks for the Layer Cake Quilt Along done with my April Cornell Prayer Flags layer cake.




Here are the same blocks done with Bejeweled by Susie Robbins.


Instructions for Block 4 went up at Moose on the Porch Quilts today.

While I am busy sewing Christmas gifts, I did take a few minutes to read the directions and pick out some fabrics.


I have 2 layer cake pieces of the blue, so I'm going to use them as the background fabric. I'm trying to get some green into the blocks before I end up with just green and coral pieces to choose from. I plan to centre the motif on the large print as the star centre.




With the fat quarters I'm planning to use the busy print as the background, with the blue as the star centre and green as the points. Instead of cutting 2 sets of triangles for the corner, I'm planning to use this stripe again because I think it will have the same effect with less cutting:)

Remember you can always check out the flickr pool to see what fabrics other people are using. It's a great place to see how value, as well as the busyness of a print, affect the look of a block.



With Joy,
Sarah Vee

1 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet December 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM  

I will do mine tomorrow, too much of a headache to think about it today.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP