Monday Morning Design Wall

>> Monday, September 13, 2010



My design wall this morning is covered with the building blocks for Pat Sloan's Lucky Charms sew a long. You can see how other people are progressing at the Old Red Barn flickr group. I'm trying to decide if I want to use the pink floral as my 1 inch inner border. That might get decided once I do the applique for the centre.


If you click to make this picture larger you can see the applique layout. I'm almost done tracing all the shapes onto fusible web. This will be something I tackle when my son's asleep and I don't have to worry about him being around the hot iron.


Of course there are some bright colours on my wall, too! The top blue and green are for my large churn dash block that I really should have done. This is for the quilt I'm making for my husband and will include blocks made during November, my month of the Sew Modern Bee.

Below that I started playing with some of my scraps and decided I might make some freeform log cabin looking blocks. For fun. When I finish quilting another project on my list.

The coloured strips are just leftovers I put up to look at. Not sure they will be anything but eye candy. Perhaps strips in a doll quilt?

Now that football season's here I do more hand sewing on Sundays. Blanket stitching on blocks or sewing down bindings. Hopefully by next Sunday I will have a lot more projects waiting for binding. Then I can get back to some piecing.

Enjoy some more design walls through Judy's links at Patchwork Times.

Sarah Vee

3 comments:

Quilter Kathy September 13, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

Love your lucky charms so far :)

AnnieO September 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

I like the bricks in the corner sections--very different and fun. You're perking along project wise, so nice.

Gari in AL September 13, 2010 at 7:37 PM  

I, too, really like your Pat Sloan project.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP