Three Finishes Friday

>> Friday, July 30, 2010




My first finish isn't a QUILT finish . . . but it is related to quilting. I read the Emilie Richards' book that I won called, Sister's Choice. I took it with me camping and visiting and enjoyed reading it on the beaches! I won it as part of Pat Sloan's and Emilie's BOM prize for finishing all of my advent stockings.


This finish inspired the 2nd finish when I got home from holidays:

I put together the top for the Season of Grace BOM. I need to quilt it then attach buttons for all of the stockings to hang from.


My 3rd finish is a joint finish with my sister:

We made Bonnie Hunter's Double Delight quilt for our parents to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. We named ours, Ruby Delight. It's been one of the secret projects I've worked on over the last year.


I made the star blocks.



And designed and made the borders. And the binding - then I mailed it to my sister. You can see how well it all went together at my sister's blog. She was in charge of quilting it!

Here's a photo of the label {not sure you can read it even if you enlarge it} It was my first attempt at applique from many years ago. I kept it around and thought it would make a good label. Another use for those orphan blocks!

There, I did it! Some quilting this summer after all.

With Joy,
Sarah Vee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP