Finally Friday!

>> Friday, June 25, 2010


And I got a chance to sew!

I turned this



into this





Another String Finish!

The first of 3 stockings I am making for my brother's family this year. I'm using Granny's template which I've used for other family stockings as well. Still not sure which niece this will be assigned to - maybe I'll leave it to Grandma to decide. {She's in charge of filling them - I just mak'em!}



My June string blocks are sewn together too. These blocks are storing memories for me. The quilt won't be finished in time for Stephanie's challenge, but, here's a peek of how they look together so far.




Half done! I think I am going to just use a backing fabric, and maybe even quilt the blocks then assemble the quilt. It already makes me feel warm and happy!



With Joy,
Sarah Vee

3 comments:

Rachel Slote-Brown June 25, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

Like the string blocks Sarah. They look really good together. I hope to get caught up this summer.
I got my 3 stockings finished too, not as fancy as yours though.

Abby and Stephanie June 25, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

Clever stockings!!! That's the first I've seen string ones. You're quilt will be very pretty when you're done. Congratulations on your finish.

Nanette Merrill June 28, 2010 at 10:40 AM  

Very nice Sarah! Love strings.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP