Friday Bee Fabrics

>> Friday, April 23, 2010



I joined an online Canadian Sewing Bee!
Click on the picture above to go to the flickr pool.
You can check out the links to each participant from my sidebar, too.

Here are the fabrics I received from Marianne for May:


I played with them a bit on my cutting table - without cutting!




Hesitating to cut into the goodies, I decided to make a test block with some Christmas fabric.



Which was a good idea.
I'm modifying the size of Quilt Dad John's Moda Bake Shop block to get a 16 1/2 inch unfinished block. I need to add another inch still. I'm glad I made the block so I can see where an extra inch would look good in the design.

I'm seriously considering making a Christmas block
for each Bee block so I end up with
a Modern Christmas Bee quilt.

Or at the very least, I'll end up with another pile of coordinated blocks!

With Joy,
Sarah Vee

1 comments:

Ariane April 23, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

I like the idea of making a practice block. Your Christmas block looks great!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP