Quilting Gems - Old Books

>> Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I found this book at my local library last night. Gwen Marston and Joe Cunningham, copyright 1987. I live in a small town, with a small library, and a very small collection of quilting books. Or so it would seem. I always check the shelf and every once in awhile come how with a great book.

The designs are a wonderful find as right now I have a small pile of quilts to finish. The excuse, "I don't know what to do", and "I don't have a pattern for that" no longer apply!

There are some fun tulip designs in here that I may try out too. I'm thinking of tracing them onto freezer paper then quilting through it.


Many of you may know about Gwen now through her collaborative work with Freddie Moran.
Joe is very active, too!



I received this book as a Christmas present from my mom this year. It's original copyright is 1987 also. It's full of recipes and block patterns.

This is called Perkiomen Heritage and features wonderful German motifs - including a unicorn! The pattern for this quilt is in the book.


A great basket quilt. The comment in the sidebar reads, ". . .Note the novel manner by which the maker chose to contain her design without using a traditional border".


This quilt is called, "Canada Goose Tracks". I love the scrappiness and warmth of this one.

This group is still very active and more can be found at their website: Variable Star Quilters.


~
With Joy,
Sarah Vee

1 comments:

Stephanie Hughes February 10, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

Sarah Vee, love those classic pattens. I need to get something started now too. Take care, Stephanie

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP