I Need More Walls this Monday!

>> Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm juggling alot of projects right now. I'm sure some of you are juggling more:)



My design wall has my string block for last week on it waiting to be finished. There's also a little more than half of the mystery basket block up. The other half is here -



on my little flannel board that I use to take small pieces to the machine. This block is going to be tricky for me. I am not a 'trimmer' of blocks by nature, and this one seems to require it! Let's just say - don't expect to see it finished for next week!:)

The stack of blocks you can see on my table in this picture are the ones I made this weekend during the Sloanie Winter Camp. Here's my planned block layout -

I really like it and plan to keep it for myself. I don't know many other people who would enjoy it as much:)
It will have to wait a bit as I want to get the final borders onto this top -



I really like the dynamics created by contrast in this quilt. I want to get a tutorial up for these easy blocks - and to start doing a colour series using this block. Wouldn't you like to see what value placement will do to the look of this one? (Yes, there are 2 diagonal squares turned the wrong way. I didn't plan it, but I'm also not changing it:))

With my birthday just over a two weeks away I have to FOCUS this week and get my Birthday Baskets quilt done.

It seemed to take ALL DAY yesterday to sew the binding onto the front. I ran out of steam and didn't have any 'puff' left to hand sew during the Super Bowl. This week's task is to finish the binding and get a sleeve on this quilt.

Then there's the repainting of the entryway where it will hang. But the quilt comes first:)

Check out the projects everyone else is juggling, I mean, quilting, through Judy's links.

With Joy,
Sarah Vee

5 comments:

Diane February 8, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

You are a good juggler! (aren't we all!) Love the attic windows quilt-it would be very cool to see with different value placements. You have a lot of good stuffing going on. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel Slote-Brown February 8, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Your attic window quilt is awesome, just in the picture, it must be really great in person. Hope you get your birthday basket quilt done in time for your big day. Which reminds me - I need to get to the post office this week to mail your present.
I'm glad you're keeping your Camp Sloanie quilt. Good luck with your juggling this week.

Cathy February 8, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

I really like the effect of the strips in the star block. Another to put in the wish list

Nanette Merrill February 8, 2010 at 6:24 PM  

Both are lovely. I love the flannel board idea.

Quilter Kathy February 11, 2010 at 11:16 AM  

I like to think of myself as a "quilt juggler" :)
Love your new blog header photo!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP