Tidied Up

>> Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My sewing space is looking READY! Here are a few more photos of what I've been doing. This first shot is my sewing machine desk. I changed the fabric on the board above it.

By the end of December my piles were growing out of control. I had pulled out some fabrics to remind myself they were there - perhaps to start something new? The back corner of the closet had become a great place to chuck stuff.


Now I've reorganized the hanging shelves to have projects on them that I want to finish. The back corner just holds my batting. And some storage boxes beneath. My stash shoe organizers are fuller and neater. I even found a roll of, what I hope is, Heat 'n Bond!


The top shelf of my closet used to hold alot of my magazines. It also holds containers with beads, buttons, and other stuff my creative self thinks I need close at hand.

I moved the magazines downstairs which is where I read them anyway. I moved other stuff over and made room front and centre for fabric! The empty containers are just waiting for some sorted scraps to become official project bins. You can see on left side I moved my work in progress trays up here as well. This helped clear the top of my rolling drawers.

You can also see that I store my extremely small assortment of thread in empty food wrap containers. I carefully remove the metal teeth and find they work great to keep my spools organized. They are more accessible now - and perhaps the next thing I can start adding to in my sewing space.


It feels physically lighter in my space now! I hope you have some time to clear out or just tidied up. To free up some joy for new ideas and the space to make them happen.

With Joy,
Sarah Vee

2 comments:

Rachel Slote-Brown January 5, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

You are an inspiration. I have to battle my quilting space today, unpacking everything from the holidays and reorganizing for the projects that are due first - like the quilt I just promised for the auction on Feb. 6th. Guess I better get to work and off of blogland.
Looks great!

Nanette Merrill January 5, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

When I get my room spiffed up it fuels my creativity. Right now I need a little organization.

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP