Motivate Me, Monday!

>> Monday, September 7, 2009

There's nothing like Judy's weekly nudge to keep a quilter focused.

Remember these? Back at the end of March I decided to get serious about finishing this Lady of the Lake Queen size quilt for my bed. The picture above shows what I had done then.

These are the blocks that I've completed since April. I was trying for a minimum of four blocks a week to finish them all by the end of July.

Well, that didn't happen:) I still have 16 more to go! That's 256 MORE half square triangles - in case you were wondering.

I also have a little voice in my head that thinks adding half square triangles as a border would really finish this quilt. What do you think? Should I listen to it?
For now I have moved all my completed blocks into this box to make room for another project which is a gift with a timeline. This quilt was supposed to be a graduation gift for my husband - 3 summers ago! My timeline for it now is July 2010 - in time for our 14th wedding anniversary. Wish me luck - and focus. LOTS of focus!:)

Enjoy sewing your quilts,
Sarah Vee

2 comments:

General Time Reversible September 7, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

WOW! It looks amazing Sarah!.
I wish you lots and lots of focus.

Brenda September 7, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

Hmmmm, I don't know if I would do the HST's for the border.... but it might really look great.
I like what you have done so far, and the fact that you are sticking to it and getting it worked on is wounderful!!! You are almost there - excellant!!! And it's looking really good!!!
now I am going to be thinking of borders for this project!! (this is the area where I am not good at deciding!! So, I like to think "what would I do here" and try to figure it out!!)

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP