Did You Know It's Monday ?!?

>> Monday, July 20, 2009

Well, it is Monday, and we're into the second last week of July! This usually means I go through my list of monthly goals and start pushing myself to get something done! Let's see what I've been up to:


I have the backing attached to the Picnic Quilt. It's a heavier weight 'cheater' fabric that I thought was a good choice since there is no batting layer.
I have to pin this and decide if I am tying or machine quilting it.
Original date for completion: July 5th.
Current completion date: soon!!!



I completed four more Lady of the Lake blocks done last week. Not my goal of 4 a DAY, but it is summer! That's all for my design wall this week so far.
Check out Judy's site to see what everyone else has up.



My box is full of more squares waiting to become blocks.
How many blocks left?*22*!
Original deadline to have all blocks completed? End of July!

Here's a link to some information about the beginnings of this quilt block.


Moving on!:)


I have decided to join Cherri of Cherry House Quilts and her Little Bouquet Quilt quilt a long. I've opted to do the small 10.5 by 10.5 version, because of time and limited stash quantities. This picture is close to 50 green strips light to dark ranging from 1 inch to 3 inches wide.
It should be fun! You can still join in too : here's the flickr site to see what you're getting into:)

I also did my first collage for my last week of the Studio Journal course! I had fun doing this - of course it helps when my daughter does it along beside me. This course has really helped me *see* design possibilities everywhere and given me real exercises to get me thinking about how to make them in textiles. Sharon is an excellent teacher with a great blog that features crazy quilting stitches and links to interesting textile sites. Check out her site - she teaches other courses too.

Okay, so I guess I've been busy:) Plus I have plans this week to make a bag for one of my daughter's close friends for her birthday.

I'm onto my second cup of coffee - Enjoy the links and have a good day:)
Sarah Vee

1 comments:

Susan July 20, 2009 at 1:38 PM  

You have been busy! Your picnic quilt is wonderful...very cheerful! I've been toying with the idea of joining the Cherry House quilt along too, but do I really need to start another project????

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP