What's Up Wednesday, Early

>> Monday, June 8, 2009

I actually got a lot DONE and STARTED today:) Here's my design wall:
Top Left: A NEW project. The beginning of what I'm planning to be a picnic blanket for my youngest niece who turns 1 next month. Nothing like planning ahead of time:) This is based on the 2nd Urban Amish block. We'll see what happens as I get into this pattern - I'm using stash and don't have lots of one set, but enough of 2 sets of fabric.

Bottom Left: My mini zigzag DONE! Except for a border which I'm indecisive about tonight. My husband didn't like my first choice. So I may be posting some options for you to help me with.

Middle: 3 of 4 Lady of the Lake blocks done for last week. The 4th has just a centre you can see top right. Working on it. Still working on making more HSTs!

Next: my panel with the words 'bloom courage'. This is a project I'm trying not to start but had to get this part OUT and UP so I could move on with other things. Now the background I'm thinking of changing to a blue batik. Really trying to let this project 'bloom' more before I cut much more fabric. We'll see what happens!

What's left: a piece of fabric I found when I went hunting for some more neutrals for my HSTs. I really like it and hope to use it in a special place.

Thanks for reading this far. I hope you are enjoying the changes and challenges on your design wall this week. Those new stripes for me have already been a real JOY!:)
Sarah Vee

1 comments:

Judy D in WA June 8, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

I love the zig zag quilt and everything else you have on your wall. Thanks for your thoughts on my row robin. I have had some great ideas. It is going to be fun to see how it finishes. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP