What's Up Wednesday

>> Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What's up on your design wall? A popular query at the moment seems to be if talking about what you're supposed to be doing gets you doing it! I first read about it on Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times. She's even going to help us share and keep track of ourselves!

One of the other blogs I've been following is going to start making a habit of public accountability too. I've signed up to do her studio journal course starting in June. Check out Sharon's amazing stitches.

This is what's up right now (I've since added something else I'm trying NOT to work on until I finish other stuff, but, you know what happens! Some ideas boil quicker than others:))

The mini zigzag is based (loosely) on the tutorial I've linked to in my sidebar. I would like this done soon. Like this week or next! I've now finished cutting the rest of the pieces needed and will work away at it while I piece....my Lady of the Lake blocks.

There's one completed to the right of the zigzags, and the remaining 3 centres to work on this week. If you check out previous posts you'll read about this huge queen quilt that I'm trying to finish this summer.

There's also one of my 'Bunny Lady' bunnies up there to remind me to blanket stitch around it. I'm slowly working on that one, only because I'm not spending time on it.
While trying to fix the exposure on the picture I found this great feature. Now I can really SEE if my contrast is doing what I want. For the most part here, it's good.

My design wall is a flannel backed tablecloth. (an idea I first read about on Pat Sloan's yahoo group). It's serving a second purpose as well - one that make's it a more pleasing site for hubby. My space is the front entranceway of our house and has two long windows on this wall. (hence the funny lighting) They are awkwardly positioned for curtains or shades, so the design wall is also cutting down on the early morning hot sun glaring onto this side of the house. Now I have a bigger design wall and a more comfortable workspace. The sun had also warped my cutting mat a day before we both decided this was a win win solution.

So, I've got 3 projects on the go this week. I'll sign in with Judy on Monday to show you what I got done and What's Up for next week:)

Sew JoY! into each stitch,
Sarah Vee

2 comments:

Ariane May 28, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Thanks for commenting on my blog and entering my giveaway!

Anonymous,  May 30, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

I like what you did with the black and white picture to show the contrast! Good idea!

Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back to see how your projects turn out!

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. Your comments bring me JOY!

Happy Followers

About This Blog

This blog exists to share my quiltmaking and joy of colour to inspire others to find their joy.

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP